Lindsay Schuster, DMD, MS
I love my career as an orthodontist and take much pride in the care we provide at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Orthodontic Program. We look forward to welcoming you to our practice!
Primary Practice Locations
Education and Training
College/Dental School: Western Michigan University/University of Connecticut
Internship/Residency/Graduate School: University of Minnesota, Certificate in Orthodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry
Fellowship: New York University, Cleft-Craniofacial Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Great Lakes Orthodontic Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- 2013 Selected to attend American Association of Orthodontists Emerging Leaders Conference
- 2012 American Association of Orthodontists Craniofacial Anomalies and Special Care Training Award Fellowship
- 2010 New Hampshire Magazine’s Best Dentists
- Smith DM, Bykowski MR, Cray JJ, Naran S, Rottgers SA, Shakir S, Vecchione L, Schuster L, Losee JE, 215 Mandible Fractures in 120 Children: Demographics, Treatment, Outcomes and Early Growth Data, Plast Reconstr Surg, June 1 2013.
- Santiago, Pedro E., Schuster, Lindsay A; Dental Anatomy and Occlusion. Essentials of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma, 2012; 47-58.
- Miller JR, Larson, BE, Satin D, Schuster, LA. Information-seeking and decision-making preferences among adult orthodontic patients: an elective health care model. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology. Value 39, Issue 1, pages 79-86, February 2011.
- Master of Science Degree Thesis: Decision-Making and Information-Seeking Preferences among Adult Orthodontic Patients.
- Fisher MA, Jelaso AM, Predenkiewicz A, Schuster LA, Means J, Ide CF. Exposure to the polychlorinated biphenyl mixture ARoclor 1254 alters melanocyte and tail muscle morphology in developing Xenopus laevis tadpoles. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 321-328, February 2003.
Teaching/ Active Research Projects/ Grants
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Plastic Surgery
Director, Cleft and Special Care Orthodontic Fellowship
- Volunteer Faculty, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Pediatric Dental Residency Program
Guest lecturer, University of Pittsburgh Orthodontic Residency Program, Craniofacial Anomalies Course
- Principle Investigator, Facial Soft Tissue Changes with Botox Treatment of the Gummy Smile and Perioral Rhytids Considerations of Cleft, Craniofacial, and Special Care Patients
- Root Resorption in the Cleft Orthognahic Patient
Career/ Research Interests
- Comprehensive orthodontic care
- Cleft-craniofacial birth-adulthood orthodontic care
- Ear molding